[국제학과 - Dept. of International Studies]
Submission period: Dec 11 (Mon.) - Dec 21 (Thur.) 5PM, to GDIS(Dept. Intl' studies), firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Document: English Proficiency Exam Score (or GSIS [8-1] application form)
* Please note that only English Score Report in original hard copies will be accepted.
(In case of TOEIC score, students are also allowed to submit its copied version in hard copies if it is color-printed, or in hard copy if it is color-printed. Also, in case of TOEFL score, further information of students may be required.)
As these tests take some time to have the result, make sure to check the result outcome date and adjust your test schedule to meet the submission deadline.
* Foreign students whose countries’ native language is English can submit the “GSIS 8-1” application form in replacement of the English test result. (file attached) In case you are not sure if your countries' native language is English, please contact GSIS office before you submit the form.
**Based on the internal discussion within the GSIS 2022, it was decided that students from a country where more than two native languages are spoken, have to submit an English Proficiency Test Result. (e.g. India, etc.)
This is one of the graduation requirement, and if students do not submit the English test result on time will be limited on the following:
- Students who wish to write a thesis will not be able to go through the thesis screening procedure (thesis dissertation).
- Students taking the 3-credit track course will not be able to graduate.
For further details, please refer to the following information below:
- “Official language proficiency test” refers to a formal TOEFL, TOEIC, TEPS, and IELTS test (IELT only applies to certain departments).
- Students must submit to their own department office a score report card, with a score higher than the acceptance score determined by each department.
- Make sure to submit TOEFL transcripts in a sealed envelope. If it's sent directly to the office, it doesn't matter if it arrives early before the deadline for submission.
- Students who are “on leave” cannot submit, and will be accepted only when registered for coursework/research/thesis.
- This is a graduation requirement which is different from the English exam certificate that you submitted on admission.
- The period of validity: The test taken after January 1st, 2022 is applicable.
- Minimum passing score for English proficiency test: